Wednesday 25 September 2013

Recording the occasion

To be honest I don't really like this photo of us but it was the best we could get on a windy day in Amsterdam doing a selfie! But I did want to scrap the occasion, our wedding anniversay & this weeks CSI case file seemed perfect for the job.
Before you know it... 
...you have shared over half your life with your Best Friend.

I enjoyed getting out my stamps & inks to alter the background for this page.
From this case file I used all 5 colours for the scheme. For the evidence I used hearts, stripes, tie something, white space, 2 different alphas & something transparent. For the testimony I journaled about a friendship.
This sketch from Sketchbook 365 was perfect starting point for this page. 
This finished page also uses a small photo meeting this months Merly Impressions challenge too :)
Many thanks for looking x 

8 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the background....and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great layout Sheena, and I'm so glad you scrapped the photo even though you weren't keen on it .... Although not sure why, I think it's nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a lovely photo x great page x

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, its true. We have just celebrated our silver and been together 32 years. Given that I am only 21 it's a miracle!!!! Great layout Sheena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sheena,

    Lovely layout!

    Thanks for entering the Merly Challenge,
    Chrissy xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic job you did with the background and congratulations on your anniversary :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchbook 365, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great layout! the background is great!

    ReplyDelete