Sunday 14 August 2011

Pure Inspiration

On friday I got the chance to visit The Festival of Quilts at Birminghams NEC. Billed as the largest display of quilts in Europe & they weren't kidding. There were quilts from around the globe & covering over 200 years. Even a non quilter like myself could not help but be inspired by the designs & colours on show all filled with love, hardwork & heritage.

Some of my favourites.


this one is knitted.


Thousands of tiny hexagons!


The foundling quilt.


Traditional.


I had not realised that there was so many styles of quilting until we wandered for hours taking in their glory. These mini quilts caught my eye, they are all 12x12! I size I'm so used to in scrapbooking.


I would really recommend this show to everyone who appreciates handmade as a place for inspiration plus some fabric & crafts shopping too.

Sheena x

No comments:

Post a Comment