Friday 19 September 2014

Scavenger Hunt (5) - Uluru.

This is my last instalment of the Photo Scavenger Hunt organised by the lovely Rinda x
I'll admit now I am one photo short. The pesky juggler (no.15) was no where to be found in either Australia or Thailand but I did score both of the alternatives so I'm happy to call it quits :).
I'd saved number 13 to share with you till last, so it could have a post all to its self as it was a really special moment.

13) A sunrise.
We had already booked a sunrise & sunset tour at Uluru before we saw Rindas list so I was thrilled it would get included here.
We had to get up really early & as you can see by the outfits it was rather cold standing there watching & waiting. But well worth it.
These photos were taken over just one day as the light & the Rock colour changed. This place has the most magical peaceful feel to it. We took a walking tour around the base finding out so much about it's creation, history & spiritual significance. In theory you can still climb it but we didn't as it feels wrong somehow. 
We drank champagne as we watched the sun set behind Uluru. This was a "bucket list" moment we will never forget x
I really hope Rinda continues this yearly tradition of a Photo Scavenger Hunt as we love doing it here every year x
Here you will find posts 1, 2, 3 & 4 x
Sheena x

9 comments:

  1. how wonderful....a magical time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have looked through all your posts, Sheena. A wonderful year filled with many beautiful sights - what a list Rinda gave you - and so many lovely places to see and find them all. Ayres Rock is a stunning set! Some time now since we saw your home town sign - lived in Rugby as a child, and again 2004 to 2012.
    Margaret #18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is one place I have been wanting to see forever (at least since I was a teenager!) - Lucky you! Thank you for sharing these fantastic photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous sunrise and sunset!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular! I actually am working on two posts - one about light and sunset and one about light at sunrise. I had not taken a sunrise photograph before this challenge, and I'm really glad I did it.
    Thanks so much for participating and linking up.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete