Monday 11 January 2016

Memorandum Monday

Here I am joining in with this new meme from Sian about what something new you did or learnt at the weekend. This is my first time joining in with this.
The Danish Girl.
I saw this movie at the weekend and it was amazing, not just the acting but the story itself. After the movie I was so interested in her story that I came home & googled Lili Elbe to read more about her. I learnt more details that the film only touched on & maybe its because I'm a nurse but I was fascinated by the advances in medicine that assisted Lili in her transformation & which also lead to her death.
I can't recommend the film enough.
Hope you have a good week.
Sheena x

8 comments:

  1. i'll have to make a note to watch this one. Sounds interesting x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one. The story sounds fascinating and I've been admiring the clothes too.

    Have a great week Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Sian, I'm looking forward to seeing this. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when a film does this and makes you go looking for more information and detail. I too am looking forward to watching it. Love Eddie Redmayne too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendation. I came home after The Imitation Game and read more about the tragic story.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watched the movie this afternoon, totally blown away by it all. Knowing what we know today, about transgenders, surgery and acceptance this was such an eye opener. Fabulous acing once again from Mr Redmayne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant acting and a brilliant story - I loved it. xx

    ReplyDelete