Saturday 16 August 2014

Getting back to it.

I always find when we return from a holiday that it takes me a while to go back to my scrap space. There are loads of reasons for this but mainly it's the washing & ironing mountain!! sometimes like this time, the jet lag zapping my energy & also just getting out of the habit...
So to get me back on track I was thrilled to discover the Summer Scrapbooking Challenge over on UKS organised by my team mate Niki. I thought I'd start with the first challenge of 10.
The papers & word used are Amy Tan Plus One with a Silhouette Cameo file overlaid on the top replicating the design on the library. The books stamp is an old one I'd not used before hand cut.
The photos & journalling record a great day out in Birmingham with 2 scrappy friends to explore the new library with it's balconies, garden & Shakespeare room.
As you can see I've stuck pretty much to the sketch & I love the finished result.Hop on over to UKS to see this & the rest of the challenges.

Sheena x

6 comments:

  1. I love this sketch..full of possibilities, and you've done it proud.

    I'm sure the jet lag has been a struggle..that's a long way you travelled

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same - it is the last thing I do, getting into my craft room - of course, mine still needs to be set up, but I think you have energy to do the things you must, and sometimes creative energy is the last to come back. But yours has come back with a vengeance - wonderful layout and fab colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you've got back into your scrapping groove so quickly and this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours and great photos. Looking forward to seeing more of your challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to have you back. I hope your trip was fantastic. Great page. I am still tackling the mountain of washing & ironing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great. I like that little stamp, I have it too.

    ReplyDelete